- 1 What city is closest to San Marcos Texas?
- 2 Is San Marcos closer to Austin or San Antonio?
- 3 Is San Marcos TX A good place to live?
- 4 What towns are near San Marcos?
- 5 What towns are close to Lockhart Texas?
- 6 Is San Marcos TX safe?
- 7 How far is San Marcos from the beach?
- 8 Does San Marcos Texas get tornadoes?
- 9 What is the prettiest city in Texas?
- 10 Is San Marcos cheaper than New Braunfels?
- 11 Is San Marcos a good place to retire?
- 12 Is San Marcos expensive to live?
- 13 Is San Marcos cheap to live?
What city is closest to San Marcos Texas?
Major cities near San Marcos, TX
- 29 miles to Austin, TX.
- 46 miles to San Antonio, TX.
- 148 miles to Corpus Christi, TX.
- 154 miles to Houston, TX.
- 189 miles to Laredo, TX.
- 190 miles to Nuevo Laredo, Mexico.
- 202 miles to Fort Worth, TX.
- 203 miles to Arlington, TX.
Is San Marcos closer to Austin or San Antonio?
Located just 50 miles north of downtown San Antonio and 30 miles south of Austin, San Marcos is in the middle of all the action.
Is San Marcos TX A good place to live?
For San Marcos residents, San Antonio and Austin are easy day and weekend trips. You get the best of Hill Country living without the high price tag or bumper-to-bumper traffic. People travel to the big cities for college, water fun, and incredible music. The good news is that all of these are available in San Marcos.
What towns are near San Marcos?
Cities near San Marcos, California:
- Escondido, CA.
- Vista, CA.
- Encinitas, CA.
- Carlsbad, CA.
- Solana Beach, CA.
- Oceanside, CA.
- Poway, CA.
- Fallbrook, CA.
What towns are close to Lockhart Texas?
Cities near Lockhart, Texas:
- Kyle, TX.
- San Marcos, TX.
- Austin, TX.
- Seguin, TX.
- New Braunfels, TX.
- Canyon Lake, TX.
- Lakeway, TX.
- Jollyville, TX.
Is San Marcos TX safe?
The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in San Marcos is 1 in 34. Based on FBI crime data, San Marcos is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to Texas, San Marcos has a crime rate that is higher than 87% of the state’s cities and towns of all sizes.
How far is San Marcos from the beach?
San Marcos is located about 6 miles inland from the ocean and about 30 miles from downtown San Diego.
Does San Marcos Texas get tornadoes?
The risk of tornado damage in San Marcos is lower than Texas average and is higher than the national average. A higher tornado index value means a higher chance of tornado events. The tornado index for San Marcos ids 170.75, as compared to Texas which is 208.58, and the U.S. which is 136.45.
What is the prettiest city in Texas?
10 of the Most Beautiful Cities in Texas
- Fredericksburg. tpwd.texas.gov.
- Jefferson. The Lone Star Carriage Company Of Jefferson Texas.
- Wimberley. nan palmero via Flickr.
- Canyon. tpwd.texas.gov.
- Port Isabel. Credit: tpwd.texas.gov.
- Rockport. rockport-fulton.org.
- Salado. Salado Chamber of Commerce.
- Marble Falls.
Is San Marcos cheaper than New Braunfels?
New Braunfels is 3.9% more expensive than San Marcos.
Is San Marcos a good place to retire?
SAN MARCOS, Texas – San Marcos has been listed as the best city in Texas to retire in, according to Forbes’ 2018 rankings. The city has a cost of living 13 percent lower than the national average, has good air quality, seriously low crime rate and doctors per capita meet the national average.
Is San Marcos expensive to live?
The Cost of Living in San Marcos The good news is that San Marcos is not as expensive as some areas, and if you can afford housing, the other prices are not as bad. Housing is a big expense here. The average home or rental in San Marcos costs about 2.8 times the national average.
Is San Marcos cheap to live?
Just 30 miles outside of downtown Austin, Greater San Marcos offers close access to the vibrancy of Austin but at a more affordable cost (housing prices are nearly 40 percent less than Austin ).