- 1 Is San Marcos worth visiting?
- 2 Is it safe to swim in the San Marcos River?
- 3 Can you still float the river in San Marcos?
- 4 What is there to do in San Marcos Texas this weekend?
- 5 Is San Marcos safe?
- 6 Is San Marcos a small town?
- 7 Is San Marcos River clean?
- 8 Is the San Marcos River cold?
- 9 How deep is the San Marcos River?
- 10 Do you have to pay to float the San Marcos River?
- 11 How much does it cost to float the river in San Marcos?
- 12 How long does it take to float the river in San Marcos?
- 13 How far is San Marcos from the beach?
- 14 What is there to do in San Marcos tonight?
Is San Marcos worth visiting?
But with its picturesque scenery, historical charm and rich culture, San Marcos is a wonderful area to visit year-round. In fact, the off-season provides countless opportunities for relaxation, outdoor activities, artesanal dining and more.
Is it safe to swim in the San Marcos River?
For the most part, it’s very safe. The water is clear so you can see any underwater obstacles. Small children or non-swimmers should always wear a flotation device. There is only one area at Rio Vista Park where the water flows over a dam and moves pretty fast.
Can you still float the river in San Marcos?
Join us for a Premier Tubing Experience down the San Marcos River! We are located approximately 10 minutes East of San Marcos, 35 minutes South of Austin, 30 minutes North of New Braunfels, and an hour away from San Antonio. Reservations are not necessary for our Walk up and Tube option but they are highly encouraged.
What is there to do in San Marcos Texas this weekend?
8 Awesome and Fun Things to Do in San Marcos, TX
- Feel refreshed on the San Marcos River.
- Hear good music at Cheatham Street Warehouse.
- Explore San Marcos Downtown Square.
- Shop at San Marcos Outlets.
- Spring Lake Preserve.
- Cheer for Teams at Texas State University.
- Discover vintage vehicles at Dick’s Classic Garage.
Is San Marcos safe?
The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in San Marcos is 1 in 34. Based on FBI crime data, San Marcos is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to Texas, San Marcos has a crime rate that is higher than 87% of the state’s cities and towns of all sizes.
Is San Marcos a small town?
One of those cities is San Marcos. Thrillist’s “The Coolest Small Town in Texas Is Building a Better Austin” raves about this city just 30 miles south of Austin. San Marcos offers everything you can find in Austin in a less crowded setting. Here are six more reasons to call San Marcos home.
Is San Marcos River clean?
The spring-fed river water is not only cool, but it is also 10 times cleaner than the EPA standard for drinking water, making it among the cleanest water in the country.
Is the San Marcos River cold?
The springs also keep the water temperature in the San Marcos River at 72 degrees Fahrenheit – which feels just right all year long. While it’s cold enough to cool you down on a hot day, it’s also not too chilly to stay in and enjoy for a while.
How deep is the San Marcos River?
The maximum depth is 11-15ft/3-5m. The average visibility is 16-20ft/5-6m.
Do you have to pay to float the San Marcos River?
No cost to float the San Marcos River with your own tube. You can rent a tube from the Lions Club. Lions also provide a bus shuttle to move you back to the headwaters, so you can float again or get back to your car quickly.
How much does it cost to float the river in San Marcos?
If you decide to rent a tube it can cost anywhere from $15-20 per tube. This is a great option if you are visiting from out of state and would like to float the Texas rivers. At Lions Club Tube Rental, this will cost you $16 which include parking, tube, and all day access to the shuttles.
How long does it take to float the river in San Marcos?
The float lasts about an hour — making it much more doable with kids — and ends at Rio Vista Park, where the Lions Club Tube Rental shuttle will pick you up. Here you’ll find pavilions, picnic tables, and children’s play park as well as three chutes known as Rio Vista Falls.
How far is San Marcos from the beach?
San Marcos is located about 6 miles inland from the ocean and about 30 miles from downtown San Diego.
What is there to do in San Marcos tonight?
Best things to do tonight near San Marcos, TX 78666
- Santa’s Ranch. 6.5 mi. Festivals.
- EVO Entertainment – Springtown. 1.5 mi. 104 reviews.
- The Marc. 0.7 mi. $ Music Venues.
- Three Dudes Winery. 3.7 mi. 33 reviews.
- Riley’s Tavern. 6.6 mi. 33 reviews.
- Cheatham Street Warehouse. 0.4 mi. $ Music Venues.
- Float Fest. 0.8 mi. Festivals.