- 1 Is San Marcos Orange County?
- 2 What is San Marcos California known for?
- 3 Is San Marcos a good place to live?
- 4 How big is San Marcos California?
- 5 How far is San Marcos from the beach?
- 6 Is San Marcos or Escondido better?
- 7 Is San Marcos a bad area?
- 8 How safe is San Marcos CA?
- 9 Is San Marcos urban or rural?
- 10 What major city is near San Marcos CA?
- 11 What is the elevation of San Marcos California?
Is San Marcos Orange County?
Located in North San Diego County, in between the city of San Diego to the south, and Orange and Riverside counties to the north, Cal State San Marcos’ unique location offers endless opportunities for exploration and activities.
What is San Marcos California known for?
1) San Marcos Is Known For Its Restaurants. 2) The School System Is Noteworthy. 3) There Are Plenty of Employers. 4) SPRINTER Is an Efficient Transit System.
Is San Marcos a good place to live?
San Marcos is a suburb of San Diego with a population of 95,355. In San Marcos there are a lot of restaurants, coffee shops, and parks. Many families and young professionals live in San Marcos and residents tend to have moderate political views. The public schools in San Marcos are highly rated.
How big is San Marcos California?
San Marcos’s housing expenses are 119% higher than the national average and the utility prices are 15% higher than the national average. Transportation expenses like bus fares and gas prices are 29% higher than the national average. San Marcos has grocery prices that are 13% higher than the national average.
How far is San Marcos from the beach?
San Marcos is located about 6 miles inland from the ocean and about 30 miles from downtown San Diego.
Is San Marcos or Escondido better?
San Marcos is better defined by cheesy tract home developments and Escondido has a larger supply of acre lots in the country (for better prices too!). Escondido is more urban than San Marcos, but it’s not exactly a vibrant downtown.
Is San Marcos a bad area?
The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in San Marcos is 1 in 34. Based on FBI crime data, San Marcos is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to Texas, San Marcos has a crime rate that is higher than 87% of the state’s cities and towns of all sizes.
How safe is San Marcos CA?
San Marcos has an overall crime rate of 13 per 1,000 residents, making the crime rate here near the average for all cities and towns of all sizes in America. According to our analysis of FBI crime data, your chance of becoming a victim of crime in San Marcos is 1 in 80.
Is San Marcos urban or rural?
4. Central North County Location. San Marcos has an excellent urban (rural) interface setting with small town informality plus easy access to San Diego and southern Riverside and Orange County markets via Interstates 5 and 15.
What major city is near San Marcos CA?
Cities near San Marcos, California: Escondido, CA. Vista, CA. Encinitas, CA.
What is the elevation of San Marcos California?
The latitude and longitude coordinates (GPS waypoint) of San Marcos are 33.1433723 (North), -117.1661449 (West) and the approximate elevation is 581 feet (177 meters) above sea level.