- 1 Where should I stay when San Marcos River floats?
- 2 Where should I stay to float the river?
- 3 Can you still float the river in San Marcos?
- 4 Can you float the San Marcos River for free?
- 5 How long does it take to float the river in San Marcos?
- 6 Is the San Marcos River dangerous?
- 7 Which river is better to float Comal or Guadalupe?
- 8 How fast do you float down a river?
- 9 How do you plan a river float?
- 10 How much does it cost to float the river in San Marcos?
- 11 How much does it cost to float the Frio River?
- 12 Where do you put on the San Marcos River?
- 13 Can I kayak the San Marcos River?
- 14 What river is best to float in New Braunfels?
- 15 Is the San Marcos River cold?
Where should I stay when San Marcos River floats?
Here are four spots where you can do just that, and really make the most of tubing the San Marcos River.
- San Marcos River Retreat.
- Don’s Fish Camp.
- Leisure Resort on the San Marcos River.
- River Bend RV Park.
Where should I stay to float the river?
Where to Stay When Rafting on the American River
- Best Western Plus Placerville Inn. (530) 622-9100.
- American River Outpost. (530) 626-5600.
- Camp Lotus. (530) 622-8672.
- American River Resort. (camping also available)
- Bella Vista Bed & Breakfast. (530) 622-3456.
- Coloma Country Inn. (530) 622-6919.
- Eden Vale Inn. (530) 621-0901.
Can you still float the river in San Marcos?
Join us for a Premier Tubing Experience down the San Marcos River! We are located approximately 10 minutes East of San Marcos, 35 minutes South of Austin, 30 minutes North of New Braunfels, and an hour away from San Antonio. Reservations are not necessary for our Walk up and Tube option but they are highly encouraged.
Can you float the San Marcos River for free?
There is no cost to use the San Marcos River or the Blanco River. Parking is also free. Visitors may bring their own tubes, kayaks, canoes, and paddleboards or rent one from a vendor.
How long does it take to float the river in San Marcos?
The float lasts about an hour — making it much more doable with kids — and ends at Rio Vista Park, where the Lions Club Tube Rental shuttle will pick you up. Here you’ll find pavilions, picnic tables, and children’s play park as well as three chutes known as Rio Vista Falls.
Is the San Marcos River dangerous?
512-396-5466. The San Marcos is a great river for beginners because it has enough current to keep it interesting but rarely so much that it is dangerous. The most dangerous places on the river are the dams (three between San Marcos City Park and San Marcos River Retreat).
Which river is better to float Comal or Guadalupe?
The Comal River is spring fed and offers a consistent float experience with limited rapids. The Guadalupe River is fed by releases from Canyon Lake which can vary, and offers a more rugged experience.
How fast do you float down a river?
Paddle speed is usually 2 to 3 mph for most people on average over time, on a leisurely non-racing trip. So, river speed of 3 mph + paddle speed of 2 mph = 5 mph total.
How do you plan a river float?
Tips for Floating the River
- DO: Get everything included when possible.
- Do: Bring floatable sunglasses.
- Do: Pack light – and pack your trash out.
- Do: Bring food.
- Do: Waterproof case your phone or leave it.
- Do: Bring a water bottle & drink more than you think you need.
- Do: Have protection from the sun.
How much does it cost to float the river in San Marcos?
If you decide to rent a tube it can cost anywhere from $15-20 per tube. This is a great option if you are visiting from out of state and would like to float the Texas rivers. At Lions Club Tube Rental, this will cost you $16 which include parking, tube, and all day access to the shuttles.
How much does it cost to float the Frio River?
The fee for your tube and shuttle is $20 per person, with that we take you to and from the Frio River, you also receive free parking at our store. Our rentals are on a first come, first served basis, no reservations.
Where do you put on the San Marcos River?
One of the most popular spots for tube rentals and river shuttles is the Lions Club Tube Rental at San Marcos City Park. Here you can rent tubes all week long (and take advantage of a locals’ discount if you’re lucky enough to call San Marcos home) and float from San Marcos City Park to Rio Vista Park.
Can I kayak the San Marcos River?
“Learning the basics of kayaking in flat water such as the San Marcos River is ideal,” she says. The spring-fed river is a temperate 72 degrees year round. That, combined with the mild winter temperatures of Central Texas, makes kayaking just as possible in January as it is in July.
What river is best to float in New Braunfels?
Comal River, New Braunfels The spring-fed Comal provides clear water at a refreshing 70–72 degrees, perfect for tubing. The City Tube Chute offers some excitement on an otherwise relaxing float.
Is the San Marcos River cold?
The springs also keep the water temperature in the San Marcos River at 72 degrees Fahrenheit – which feels just right all year long. While it’s cold enough to cool you down on a hot day, it’s also not too chilly to stay in and enjoy for a while.