- 1 How much is a taxi from Guatemala airport to Antigua?
- 2 How much is an uber from Guatemala City to Antigua?
- 3 How much is a taxi from Guatemala City to Antigua?
- 4 What is the best transportation in Guatemala?
- 5 Is it safe to go to Antigua Guatemala?
- 6 Is it safe to use Uber in Guatemala?
- 7 How many days should I spend in Antigua Guatemala?
- 8 Is there Uber on Antigua?
- 9 Is there Uber in Guatemala City?
- 10 What is the safest zone in Guatemala city?
- 11 Why is Guatemala so dangerous?
- 12 What is Antigua Guatemala known for?
- 13 What are three common transportation methods in Guatemala?
- 14 How do people in Guatemala move around?
- 15 How much does it cost to ride a bus in Guatemala?
How much is a taxi from Guatemala airport to Antigua?
They are safe and reliable but do charge quite a bit. A trip to Antigua from Guatemala City on an airport taxi cost about 40 USD.
How much is an uber from Guatemala City to Antigua?
Uber is available in Guatemala and a trip from Guatemala City to Antigua costs around USD 23 outside of peak times. Note; however, that the price can increase drastically due to traffic.
How much is a taxi from Guatemala City to Antigua?
A taxi from Guatemala City to Antigua will be around $35.
What is the best transportation in Guatemala?
The best option to travel by bus in Guatemala City is the Transmetro – a safe and fast bus that has proper stop signs and cost only Q1 per journey. Known as chicken buses, the rural transportation service is provided by colorful buses that connect most of the main destinations in Guatemala.
Is it safe to go to Antigua Guatemala?
The short answer? Yes. In general, Antigua Guatemala is very safe but precautions should still be exercised. Antigua is one of the safest cities in all of Guatemala.
Is it safe to use Uber in Guatemala?
Yes, Uber IS safe in Guatemala. Officially, Uber operates in Guatemala City and Antigua. People even take an Uber all the way from Guatemala City to Antigua. Uber is a good option for non-Spanish speakers as they don’t need to worry about communicating with the driver so much – it’s all on the app.
How many days should I spend in Antigua Guatemala?
Three to five days is the ideal time to spend in Antigua; wandering the streets, climbing the volcanoes, soaking up the traditions and brushing up on your Spanish.
Is there Uber on Antigua?
Uber is available in Guatemala, and I have known people to book an Uber from Guatemala airport to Antigua. The cost can be as low as $18 USD outside of peak times but on average you will be looking at around $23 USD for an uber to Antigua.
Is there Uber in Guatemala City?
Complete your plans today by reserving a ride with Uber in Guatemala City. Request a ride up to 30 days in advance, at any time and on any day of the year.
What is the safest zone in Guatemala city?
Zone 10 is the safest area of the city.
Why is Guatemala so dangerous?
According to the US Department of State, Guatemala’s high murder rate is caused by four principal factors: an increase in drug trafficking; a growing prevalence of gang-related violence; a heavily armed civilian population; and a weak and incompetent police/judicial system.
What is Antigua Guatemala known for?
Antigua Guatemala is noted chiefly for the ruins of colonial edifices that make it a museum of Spanish colonial history. The University of San Carlos (1676), one of the first universities in Central America, was established in Antigua; the building now houses the Museum of Colonial Art.
What are three common transportation methods in Guatemala?
All Things Transport
- By Plane. Guatemala doesn’t have the best domestic airline service.
- By Rental Car. It’s easy to rent a car in Guatemala.
- By Bus. Buses are the main method of transportation for most Guatemalans, and many travelers choose to save money by taking buses.
- By Shuttle.
- By Boat.
- By Taxi.
How do people in Guatemala move around?
The majority of travel within Guatemala is by road, and major highways connect the main cities. Most travel is by bus and the most popular are the colourful, ex-US school buses called camionetas, but known by visitors as chicken buses.
How much does it cost to ride a bus in Guatemala?
Tickets are (nearly always) bought on the bus, and whilst they are very cheap, gringos do sometimes get ripped off – try to observe what the locals are paying. Fares cost US$1–1.25 an hour.