- 1 What is in San Marcos?
- 2 What is there to do in San Marcos River?
- 3 What is there to do in San Marcos Texas this weekend?
- 4 Is San Marcos TX safe?
- 5 Is San Marcos TX A good place to live?
- 6 Is San Marcos expensive to live?
- 7 Is San Marcos a good place to retire?
- 8 How far is San Marcos from Fredericksburg?
- 9 How far is San Marcos from the beach?
- 10 What is San Marcos close to?
- 11 How big is San Marcos?
What is in San Marcos?
20 Best Things to Do in San Marcos, Texas
- Central Texas Wing of the Commemorative Air Force, San Marcos, Texas.
- Wonder World Park, San Marcos, Texas.
- Paddle SMTX, San Marcos, Texas.
- Paddle with Style, San Marcos, Texas.
- Rhea’s Ice Cream, San Marcos, Texas.
- Snorkel TX, San Marcos, Texas.
What is there to do in San Marcos River?
On the San Marcos River
- Fishing – drop in a line and see if you can reel in a smallmouth black bass, largemouth brown bass, catfish, or perch.
What is there to do in San Marcos Texas this weekend?
8 Awesome and Fun Things to Do in San Marcos, TX
- Feel refreshed on the San Marcos River.
- Hear good music at Cheatham Street Warehouse.
- Explore San Marcos Downtown Square.
- Shop at San Marcos Outlets.
- Spring Lake Preserve.
- Cheer for Teams at Texas State University.
- Discover vintage vehicles at Dick’s Classic Garage.
Is San Marcos TX safe?
The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in San Marcos is 1 in 34. Based on FBI crime data, San Marcos is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to Texas, San Marcos has a crime rate that is higher than 87% of the state’s cities and towns of all sizes.
Is San Marcos TX A good place to live?
For San Marcos residents, San Antonio and Austin are easy day and weekend trips. You get the best of Hill Country living without the high price tag or bumper-to-bumper traffic. People travel to the big cities for college, water fun, and incredible music. The good news is that all of these are available in San Marcos.
Is San Marcos expensive to live?
The Cost of Living in San Marcos The good news is that San Marcos is not as expensive as some areas, and if you can afford housing, the other prices are not as bad. Housing is a big expense here. The average home or rental in San Marcos costs about 2.8 times the national average.
Is San Marcos a good place to retire?
SAN MARCOS, Texas – San Marcos has been listed as the best city in Texas to retire in, according to Forbes’ 2018 rankings. The city has a cost of living 13 percent lower than the national average, has good air quality, seriously low crime rate and doctors per capita meet the national average.
How far is San Marcos from Fredericksburg?
The distance between San Marcos and Fredericksburg is 62 miles. The road distance is 69.5 miles.
How far is San Marcos from the beach?
San Marcos is located about 6 miles inland from the ocean and about 30 miles from downtown San Diego.
What is San Marcos close to?
Major cities near San Marcos, TX
- 29 miles to Austin, TX.
- 46 miles to San Antonio, TX.
- 148 miles to Corpus Christi, TX.
- 154 miles to Houston, TX.
- 189 miles to Laredo, TX.
- 190 miles to Nuevo Laredo, Mexico.
- 202 miles to Fort Worth, TX.
- 203 miles to Arlington, TX.
How big is San Marcos?