- 1 What cities are around San Marcos?
- 2 Is San Marcos a good area?
- 3 Is San Marcos closer to Austin or San Antonio?
- 4 What city is closest to San Marcos Texas?
- 5 What city in Arizona is closest to San Diego?
- 6 What city is closest to San Diego?
- 7 Is San Marcos TX safe?
- 8 What is San Marcos known for?
- 9 Is San Marcos a small town?
- 10 Is San Marcos or Escondido better?
- 11 Is San Marcos CA expensive?
- 12 How is San Marcos living?
What cities are around San Marcos?
Cities near San Marcos, California:
- Escondido, CA.
- Vista, CA.
- Encinitas, CA.
- Carlsbad, CA.
- Solana Beach, CA.
- Oceanside, CA.
- Poway, CA.
- Fallbrook, CA.
Is San Marcos a good area?
San Marcos is a great small town area, with good food and entertainment. There is a local movie theater and bowling alley, as well as a beach fifteen minutes away. It is a quiet place with a brand new high school located in the middle of it all.
Is San Marcos closer to Austin or San Antonio?
Located just 50 miles north of downtown San Antonio and 30 miles south of Austin, San Marcos is in the middle of all the action.
What city is closest to San Marcos Texas?
Major cities near San Marcos, TX
- 29 miles to Austin, TX.
- 46 miles to San Antonio, TX.
- 148 miles to Corpus Christi, TX.
- 154 miles to Houston, TX.
- 189 miles to Laredo, TX.
- 190 miles to Nuevo Laredo, Mexico.
- 202 miles to Fort Worth, TX.
- 203 miles to Arlington, TX.
What city in Arizona is closest to San Diego?
The closest city to the halfway point is Yuma, AZ, situated 172 miles from San Diego, CA and 182 miles from Arizona City, AZ. It would take 2 hours 38 mins to go from San Diego to Yuma and 2 hours 39 mins to go from Arizona City to Yuma.
What city is closest to San Diego?
Major cities near San Diego, CA
- 7 miles to Chula Vista, CA.
- 15 miles to Tijuana, Mexico.
- 67 miles to Ensenada, Mexico.
- 82 miles to Santa Ana, CA.
- 88 miles to Riverside, CA.
- 89 miles to Anaheim, CA.
- 94 miles to Long Beach, CA.
- 97 miles to San Bernardino, CA.
Is San Marcos TX safe?
The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in San Marcos is 1 in 34. Based on FBI crime data, San Marcos is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to Texas, San Marcos has a crime rate that is higher than 87% of the state’s cities and towns of all sizes.
What is San Marcos known for?
San Marcos is a charming college town halfway between Austin and San Antonio known for the country’s largest outlet mall, a historic downtown square, and tons of waterways to kayak, paddleboard or float on.
Is San Marcos a small town?
One of those cities is San Marcos. Thrillist’s “The Coolest Small Town in Texas Is Building a Better Austin” raves about this city just 30 miles south of Austin. San Marcos offers everything you can find in Austin in a less crowded setting. Here are six more reasons to call San Marcos home.
Is San Marcos or Escondido better?
San Marcos is better defined by cheesy tract home developments and Escondido has a larger supply of acre lots in the country (for better prices too!). Escondido is more urban than San Marcos, but it’s not exactly a vibrant downtown.
Is San Marcos CA expensive?
San Marcos’s housing expenses are 119% higher than the national average and the utility prices are 15% higher than the national average. Transportation expenses like bus fares and gas prices are 29% higher than the national average. San Marcos has grocery prices that are 13% higher than the national average.
How is San Marcos living?
Living in San Marcos offers residents a dense suburban feel and most residents own their homes. In San Marcos there are a lot of restaurants, coffee shops, and parks. Many families and young professionals live in San Marcos and residents tend to have moderate political views.